Thursday, June 6, 2013

Following Peace

Originally Posted: May 10, 2013




Since our last substantial post, our lives have been a whirlwind of events. We started our homestudy process and the flurry of paperwork began. I really am beginning to understand why some women who are adopting refer to themselves as being "paper pregnant". It definitely feels that way! We have poured ourselves out on paper in the hopes that people who have never met us will see that we will be good parents.  I'm so grateful to be able to say that we have officially turned in our last piece of homestudy paperwork! All we can do now is wait for approval. Hopefully, that will come in the next few days. 

We are falling back on the peace that has flooded us throughout this process so far. We are confident that we are following the path God has set us on. One of the things that reassures us is that we are encountering a ton of spiritual warfare over this! When you boldly step out on faith and decide nothing will shake you....something's gonna try! I won't give details, but through each trial, God's hand has gently nudged us. I didn't even realize it until I was talking with a dear friend. A glittery wild woman in her own right who can follow my thought patterns of bright balloons! (Scary!) She said something to me that has made all of what we are going through make sense. After discussing with her how lost I felt in the middle of trials she said..."Follow the peace"... At first, I was like...sure, ok, thanks.... It wasn't until a few days later that it hit me. This world is a maze of troubles. If you want to find things to worry about and distract you, they are in ready supply, but God has given us a surefire way to navigate through this muck. PEACE! Every decision we have had to make in this process has come down to that. Where is the peace? God has been using His peace as a tool to show us which steps to take. We may have stepped on faith out into the darkness of unpredictability, but God's peace is illuminating one step at a time.

Other news...As part of this process, we have finally been able to see our Cora's sweet face. She is beautiful! The picture is about a year old and we cannot share it because our match is not official yet. We are believing that we will get our match and get to see a recent picture soon. I can't wait to learn more about our baby girl!

So what's next...

We need to get our homestudy, as soon as it is approved and notarized, to our EAC consultant. Then we can be registered into India's adoption system, Carings, and officially matched with our beautiful little Cora! 


Now that the homestudy is done, we will start our fundraising efforts back up shortly. Praise the Lord that He has given us exactly what we need up to this point. He has proven over and over that what God orders, he pays for!

No comments:

Post a Comment