Thursday, June 6, 2013

Little Reminders

Originally Posted: January 30, 2013

This will be a long process. I remind myself of that daily. This part, the waiting, fundraising, and not knowing is hard. I don’t know for sure where she is or who she is, but I know my daughter is out there. And I can’t wait to meet her! All I can do at this time is prepare myself, my home, my heart for the day we will bring her home. Mostly, I pray. I pray for my Cora, my heart. I pray for the arms who are holding her now while my husband and I can’t be there. I pray for the mother who gave her life and for the decision she has had to make. I can’t imagine the difficulty of that decision, but I am thankful for it. I’m thankful that she chose to put her baby in a place where she could be adopted. She will be loved. I can’t wait for the day that Jason and I will be able to tell our daughter, “Before we knew you, we loved you! And we chose you!” These days will be challenging, but worth it. Sometimes I, we, need a little reminder of that. So we bought the first decoration for Cora’s room. It’s currently sitting in front of our TV to remind us that all the challenges have a purpose and that God’s timing (whatever or whenever it is) is perfect!

Those are my thoughts tonight as I dream of my daughter.








Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment