Hi my sweetheart, this is Daddy.
You are so full of laughter and humor that every moment I am with you I am filled with anticipation for the next thing that will throw you into a fit of giggles, which, in turn, fills me with joy and, at minimum, at least an equal measure of laughter. You tickled my feet until I was nearly dying of laughter. And, when you found that it made me laugh so, you tried all the harder. You say the funniest, most random things. And every time I hear you speak I am filled with laughter and joy that you are indeed, finally, home!
Today I was awakened to the sound of Dash barking. I came into the living room just in time to see you turn the corner saying “Come here, Dash! Come here!”.
You got dressed in your Wonder Woman t-shirt and cape. We had breakfast, both of us having some waffles. I held your feet hostage as is typical during just about any meal time. Despite my coffee, I was still waking up.
Mommy and Daddy headed out to work after Golly arrived to watch you.
You and Golly went shopping. You took your shoes and socks off while in the cart and exclaimed “She took the socks off!”
As you and Golly we heading to the car, the sky opened and the both of you got quite drenched!
"Golly! Lakshmi is wet!"
When you got home, you ate your weight in Veggie Straws, had a Squeezy Fruit, and ate a PBJ sandwich. You cheered yourself on as you ate.
Lakshmi, take a bite!
*Chomp, Chomp*
Good Job!
Later when Mommy got home, you were very sleepy still. You rolled into Mommy’s lap and whispered in your sleepy soft voice, “Mommy, hold me!” And so she did.
Later Daddy got home. You weren’t quite awake then and didn’t really feel the Daddy vibe yet. But…later….you woke up from your nap and found Daddy. And you spoke the magic words that would get me to do practically anything for you: “Daddy, hold me!” So, I did. All the way until dinner time.
Golly made an amazing dinner for everyone. You had some pork roast, mashed potatoes & gravy, and I do believe Mommy snuck in a bite or two of Okra.
Later after your shower, you were in your dinosaur towel/hoodie, and proceeded to go through quite the assortment of silly faces.
Finally, after going through your evening routine, we came to bed time. You didn’t complain.
One day closer to being a 4 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment