Friday, September 13, 2013

Clarity

 
What a crazy rollercoaster of a week this has been!
 
We have gained some more clarity on what is going on with our case. The RIPA that has been overseeing our case had to make an arbitrary decision about where to draw the line between which cases would be transferred and which ones they would go ahead and see through. We are not the only family who finds themselves in this situation. I will admit, when we got the news, I went into full-on "Momma Mode" and bombarded our agency with a thousand questions that were probably just me overthinking things. It is a great thing that our consultant is very patient with me. She was able to answer most of my questions and allay my fears. 
 
The biggest question that kept popping up in my head is "How is this new RIPA going to represent us in court when they don't know anything about us? And they don't know our baby?" I'm sure there are other Indian Adoptive Moms out there smiling and shaking their heads at me right now. I'm showing how truly green I am in regards to this process! I understand better now that court is mostly about paperwork and making sure that every thing is done correctly and in the right order. So it's more important that our new RIPA understands the process than that they have an understanding of us.
 
So....deep breath! God's got this! 
 
We will have to wait through this month's review period for news about our case being transferred. That means we have at least three more weeks with our case at a standstill. This is maddening if I focus on the fact that she will be another month older before we see any movement. However, if I focus on the fact that the Lord is taking time to prepare not only us, but our daughter, this time becomes bearable.
 
In other amazing news...we have been able to learn a little more about our precious Cora. I can't share details until the adoption is final, but we know that she is happy, healthy, and safe. Those three words are such a balm to my heart right now! She is a typical 2 year old asserting her independence and learning about her world. We have gotten to see several more recent photos and our baby girl is absolutely beautiful! Every bit of news this week came at exactly the right time and now we rest in the assurance that someone greater is in control.
 
Scripture is always a comforting foundation when this world and this process are just not making sense to me. I tend to be a bit of a verse hoarder and there are cards and plaques and sometimes random sticky notes with verses all over my office! My eyes and my heart have continously fallen on the three in this post throughout this week.
 
 
 
We probably won't have much news until early next month, but I'm excited that we will have a new "Painting the Waiting Room" post in the next few days. A dear friend has done me the honor of sharing some of her insights about another aspect of this waiting room. I'm looking forward to sharing it with all of you!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear that you had some news about her, and NEW PICTURES!!!! That makes the waiting a little bit easier! (But only a little!)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete