We made it!!
We are finally on the same side of the planet as our baby girl!! We still have a few days and one more plane ride before we meet Cora Lakshmi and finally have her in our arms. But we're here!!
We got here in the wee hours of this morning after 2 gruelingly long international flights. Over all there have been no major issues.
A couple of neat moments on the trip do stand out to me.
A couple of neat moments on the trip do stand out to me.
When we landed in Atlanta, we knew we had a couple of hours before our flight so we decided to sit down and grab a bite at a restaurant. All through our meal, Jason said the lady at the table behind us kept almost staring at him. But he just shook it off as maybe she was just thinking and happened to be looking his direction. Before our food came, Jason asked if I had the photo album of CL's pictures (of course I did!) and we both spent time just staring at our girl. It's not really something new, but now, when we are just days away from holding her, it felt more significant. As we were leaving the restaurant, the lady at the table behind us stopped Jason and told him how much she loved his t-shirt. (Fatherhood Requires Love Not DNA) When I told her why we were traveling, her face lit up! She hugged me and told us congratulations. When I thanked her, I could tell she was tearing up. I wish we hadn't needed to run to a plane because I would have loved to hear her story, whatever it was. So to the precious woman at TGIFriday's in the Atlanta Airport, thank you for blessing a couple of travel weary adoptive parents! Your hug and genuine pleasure at our journey lifted my heart so much!
After that encounter, we got on the first of our loooong flights. This first one was a little cramped and we didn't get much sleep, but we got to our destination safely and the airplane food was actually really good! The second loooong flight was not as full and we actually had enough room to stretch out a little so it felt a lot more comfy. I really enjoyed looking out the window as we flew over some beautiful European towns! Unfortunately by the time we got over Ind*a, it was too dark to really see anything out of the window.
When we arrived in country, we got through customs quickly and found all of our bags with no trouble. Then we found our agency's contact easily. He was invaluable in making sure we had tickets for our flight to our daughter's city and he got us safely to our hotel. He also helped us make arrangements for our trip tomorrow to see the Taj. Jason and I both intended to try to stay awake to help us adjust to the time change, but that was a futile effort and I was asleep almost as soon as I sat on the bed! We took short naps and then explored our hotel for a bit. We're laying low today and we'll go adventuring tomorrow!
Then Sunday we will travel to Cora Lakshmi's city and Monday she will be in our arms forever!!!!
![]() |
| Small glimpse of Ind*a we have out of our hotel room window. So for now we are wishing all of our friends and family back home a wonderful day!! Namaste! |




Glad yall made it keep the pictures coming
ReplyDelete