Thursday, October 9, 2014

The Little Things


I love the way God knows me. I love how He talks to me with the little things in life that we don't normally pay attention to. It's been a rough few weeks for me. This season of waiting has left me weary and very frayed at the edges. Moment by moment, though, Daddy God has been behind me whispering reassurances in His own way. And sometimes He shouts! From our Jamberry fundraiser that provided us with the exact amount of money we needed (to the penny) to cover Cora's visa fee...to watching our beautiful little girl dance and giggle and talk and talk and talk on video for the first time. His steady peace holds us as we take these agonizingly slow steps towards bringing Cora home. 

Yesterday, I was at the point of just wanting to hide and sleep until finally the waiting was over. I got home from work and found a package on my doorstep (the result of one of my "I want my daughter to be here, so I'm going to buy stuff for her" moments). I was happy to find the used children's book I had ordered, Bringing Asha Home, a story about an American family who adopts a baby girl from Ind*a. I was also pleased to see that it was in really great condition even though it was used. The book was apparently an old library book as the library stickers were still inside the front cover. I looked closer at the sticker and found one more of God's little reassurances....this library book happened to come from the little county in Florida where I was born! His way of telling me to hold on....better things are on the way!

This morning I had resigned myself to wait until next month for news. This month is full of holidays and festivals for Ind*a and I figured most government offices would be closed often. I took a deep breath and threw myself into what promised to be a busy work day....and then my phone rang! 

Our agency caseworker called to tell me that we finally have ARC approval!!! This means that we have state-level approval in Ind*a and we are one more step closer to Cora!! The next step is the No Objection Certificate from the adoption authority and we are hoping to have this by the end of the month....but of course no guarantees.

The best news of the day is that we can say with a fair level of confidence that we will never miss another birthday! Cora will hopefully be home in the spring!







1 comment:

  1. So happy her case can move on to the next steps!! And I just love how God gives us the icing on the cake sometimes, with the fundraiser/visa amount, and the library sticker. You will have so many amazing stories to share with your sweet girl.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete