Friday, September 18, 2015

An Empty Chair No More

                        

On September 9, 2013, I posted this picture of the empty rocking chair in my daughter's room. I wrote from a lost and confused heart that our adoption had been stalled and that we had little understanding as to why. I only knew that the hopes I had that this chair would be holding my daughter before her third birthday felt very fragile and empty. We were stuck.

                                


On September 10, 2014 we were closer. Our case had finally moved out of limbo, but we were waiting on another step...waiting much longer than we expected but still so much closer. I posted this picture of the chair again. I found my heart desperately longing to know more of my daughter than I was able to learn from the photographs and sparse records we had received. (We would receive our first video just days later!) There was so much more hope, but still no way to know when she would finally be sitting in her room in the rocking chair.

                  

September of 2015 finds her home. Sitting in her chair and snuggled into the sari blanket that sat waiting for her over 2 years. My exhausted mommy brain doesn't have the words to express how amazing that is. She is growing into such a vibrant, smart, brave, kind little girl! Just over the past few days she has opened the window to her heart a little wider and shown us even more of who she truly is. This little girl is truly the jewel of my heart. And I am overwhelmed with joy that she is finally home. 

                        



3 comments:

  1. So very beautiful, may happiness and love fill your lives. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, this is so beautiful, and gives strength to this of is still waiting and looking at that empty chair. I love your heart and the precious daughter of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies for all of my typos. 😏

    ReplyDelete