Friday, March 27, 2015

Want to Make God Laugh? Unpack!


This week! We have had ridiculous ups and downs on our journey to Cora Lakshmi this week. I have been reminded of what we went through on March 28, 2014....on a Friday....exactly one year ago. We had been stuck in limbo for almost 8 months waiting for our case to be transferred. That morning I had pretty much given up and I poured my feelings about being stuck in limbo out here. Then I pulled myself together, and headed out to speak to a bunch of 5th graders about Helen Keller. On my way down the stairs, my phone rang with the news that our case had finally been transferred.

Today, on the last Friday in March, I woke up feeling defeated by news we received on Wednesday that we most likely had at least 4 more weeks before Cora Lakshmi's passport was ready. In fact, last night I completely unpacked the suitcases I've had packed for almost a month because I had time to reorganize everything now. HA!

Today, I headed to work resigned to slay the dragons I needed to slay to get through the next four weeks. I sat down at my desk and arranged an appointment for me to go and speak to a bunch of  3rd graders about Helen Keller. About an hour after I got there, I got an email with the subject line: "Your daughter's passport has been issued". I didn't believe it! Cora Lakshmi's passport has been issued! Really?! I had to be dreaming. We were supposed to be waiting another month before we would meet Cora Lakshmi! I'm so used to waiting, I almost don't know what to do now that it's over! I spoke with our caseworker on the phone and we set up travel dates, talked about itineraries and discussed hotels. This is really happening! As our amazing caseworker told us, we will have Cora Lakshmi in our arms in April!!

So let's pause a moment and talk about timing. If you take a look at our timeline on the left, you will see some of the beauty of God's timing. I love the little details like the fact that Cora Lakshmi's birthday is a mathematical statement and that it falls on a holiday that is pivotal to the country that she will very soon call home. And that when you combine mine and Jason's birthstone with Cora Lakshmi's birthstone, you get the colors that represent that holiday. Almost exactly a year passed between the time that we were matched with Cora Lakshmi (and subsequently got stuck in limbo) and the time that we finally received Cora Lakshmi's referral paper work. Almost exactly a year has passed between the time that we found out that our case was finally transferred and when we found out that Cora Lakshmi's passport was ready. 

There is redemption in His timing as well. The day that we finally hold Cora Lakshmi in our arms will mark 15 years since a day that was one of my darkest. A day that has gratefully receded into distant memory. The details aren't important, but what is important is that 15 years later and every year going forward, that day will be celebrated in our home. Redemption in action. 

It is with deepest joy that we can finally say....

CORA LAKSHMI IS COMING HOME!!





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!! I am overjoyed for you! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete