Whoever coined the phrase "no news is good news" was definitely not an adoptive parent!
No news is agonizing! It is a black hole that can suck a momma's mind and heart into a spiral of worry that never seems to end. To hear nothing just guts me day after day because the answer to every question I ask myself is "I don't know". I don't know when we will leave to bring her home. I don't know how many more days our baby will have to live without her mommy and daddy. I don't know when government processes will be completed. I don't know if we can commit to going to this event or that party because I don't know if we will be here. And in the back of my mind I always follow that last one up with, "I hope we're not". It's not that I don't want to participate in our lives here, but more that I want to be over there. I want our little family to be whole. I want to finally have that precious piece of our hearts in mine and Jason's arms instead of on the other side of the world.
This part of the wait is so tough! I feel more aware of the time that is passing without Cora Lakshmi in our arms. 2 years ago, around this time, we learned about a little girl who was less than 2 years old who needed a family. 2 years ago, we committed to doing everything we could to get that baby girl home. 2 years later, we are still waiting. But we are so close. She is officially our child, now. And we are aching to bring her home.
As you've probably guessed from the title, we have not heard from our agency. We don't have any word on whether or not the court documents have been registered or if Cora Lakshmi's passport is ready. All we can do is keep waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment