Thursday, January 22, 2015

Court: Second Hearing

Tactile painting in Cora's room done by Cora's Golly (my mom)!

On Wednesday morning, Cora got to go on a grand adventure. She probably got to ride in an auto-rickshaw and she was taken to the court. I won't know all the specific details of her day until later, but I'm choosing to believe she had a fun outing. I don't know the details of what happened during the court hearing. I imagine the judge spoke with her caregivers and then he came to a decision.

On Wednesday morning, we got up and went to the gym. We went to work and life went on like normal for us. But our minds were in Ind*a. All day long. I think I refreshed my internet browser a trillion times just in case something had changed on our court tracking page in the last 5 seconds. 

Just before lunchtime, something changed! There was a new scheduled court date! Our next hearing is scheduled for February 2! There is a description of the purpose of each hearing next to the date. The description of the purpose for our next hearing says...
ORDERS!! 

Happy dance!!!!!!

So what does this mean?
This means that our case will most likely have one more hearing on Feb. 2 and the judge will sign court orders at this hearing. These orders will make it official that Cora is our daughter. We still have a couple more steps to walk through before she comes home, though. Next, the adoption decree or written orders will be issued. Once the agency handling our paperwork receives the adoption decree, Cora will get to go on another fun outing to get her picture taken and then her passport will be applied for. When we get news that her passport is ready, Jason and I will finalize our travel plans and go get our girl!! 

We will still be waiting several weeks, but I can't even begin to express the joy we feel that our waiting time is down to weeks!  



1 comment: