Monday, June 16, 2014

She loves to dance!





Just two weeks ago, that precious envelope arrived at our door and inside was a treasure trove! We have finally learned so much about her! Words like quiet, active (they used this one twice!), happy, and strong willed have washed over us with a flood of hope and peace. She is not a picky eater and likes more than just vegetables (Jason was overjoyed at this!). We also learned that she enjoys singing with her foster mom and she loves to dance! 
 
Her referral also contained a lot of medical information. Some things we knew about and others are new to us. We are working with two different doctors as we sort through this information. There were some scary words on those pages, but we are confident that God has equipped us with everything we need to provide for our little girl!
 
We still have a long way to go before it's time to bring Cora home and lots of paperwork to complete. The day is coming closer all the time. We have applied for our I-800 and we are in the process of updating our homestudy. The best news in all of this is that we will most likely travel to Ind*a in January or February!!!
 
The waiting part of this process is still hard. I feel Cora's absence in my heart every single day. I ache to finally hear her voice and have her in my arms. I look forward to the day that she is dancing and singing in our home!
 
This weekend I got a small glimpse of what that may look like in the future as I had the chance to finally meet in person one of the amazing women who has been a rock for me in this process and her daughter. We had a great time and the visit gave me so much hope! This really is happening and we really will have her home before we know it!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment