Friday, February 7, 2014

Patience Is Not A Virtue


It’s a practice!

Image Source

I’m finding this to be true more and more every day. I have to actively be patient. I wish there was just a button I could push or a pill I could take to make the waiting be effortless. That way every day I am away from my daughter wouldn’t feel like a punch in my soul. I wish I was a person who could sit and wait and never worry and never question. But I’m not! So….I practice. Continually.
I will say this about patience; it gets a little easier when you have no other choice. I cannot force governmental wheels to turn any faster. I have no control over how long this process takes, or when we receive updates. I can’t just get on a plane and bring Cora home. There is absolutely nothing I can do to make this dream come true any sooner than God has planned for it to. And…there it is!
The bottom line here is that this is not my timeline. God had my daughter’s life planned long before I even knew she had been born. I have to rest in the fact that He’s got this under control. God knows my heart and He holds it as it breaks daily over the fact that my daughter is growing up without her forever family. She doesn’t even know yet that there is a mommy and daddy a million miles away from her who want nothing more than to love her for the rest of their lives. That kills me, but I can’t change any of that.

Image Source
As I was looking for pictures to go with this post, I found this quote and I love it! It is so true. I could mope around and scream and tear out my hair because it’s been almost 6 months and we seem no closer to moving forward than when we first learned of the problem. That wouldn’t change the facts. It really wouldn’t make me feel any better. It wouldn’t bring my baby home. So I wait. And I try to find the reasons to rejoice in this time. It can be hard to do when all I want is to scream at my phone to ring or when I refresh my email every 15 seconds to see if there is one from my agency. But there are positives. We have time to learn. We have time to grow. We have time to grow our love for her.
We are still waiting.
Last week, we got an email from our agency stating that they had sent an email pleading for our case to be moved forward and that the policy is to have a response within two business days. We are still waiting for news, but we do know that our agency is following up. So we could have news soon, or we might not.
Until then….this is me…..waiting.


Image Source

1 comment:

  1. Love you Dani! I'm so very sorry. You are near to my heart and in my thoughts and prayers as you wait.

    ReplyDelete